A Handy reminder in the clinic. When you book your Laser Hair Removal and Laser Skin Treatments, you trust the person doing your treatments. Here are our suggestions for asking your laser hair removal clinician some questions.
1. Where can I find reviews from your clients?
2. What qualifications do you hold?
It’s essential to ask the laser practitioner what qualifications they have. For instance, Mina Willment, our Founder and laser clinician, has numerous qualifications relevant to conducting laser hair removal and laser skin treatments.
Trained NHS medical professional
- A UK State Registered Nurse
- Training Surgical Nurse
- Certified BTEC Advanced Award in Laser Light & Associated Aesthetic Therapies
- Level 4 in Advanced Tattoo Removal
- Certified in Core of Knowledge in Laser Technology
- Nurse advisor on PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome)
- Advanced Electrolysis Practitioner in skin lesions
- Microneedling / Dermaroller and LED Light Therapy Nurse Practitioner
- Trainer Obagi Nurse and authorised distributor
- Clinical Lead in ophthalmology within the NHS
- Member of BACN (British Association of Cosmetic Nurses)
- CRB checked
3. Ask how they find out whether your skin is appropriate for laser treatments
A consultation before your appointment is crucial because it gives the consultant time to ask you for a brief medical history. This should be followed by a patch test on the area to be treated. A patch test involves testing a small site of your skin type to see how well it responds to the laser treatment. You should be seen 48 hours later to assess the laser’s effect. This will allow your laser practitioner to become familiar with your skin type and will work as a helpful guide to optimise your treatment.