If you’re considering microneedling, it’s crucial to have a clear understanding of what lies ahead in the post-microneedling journey.
Microneedling is a cosmetic facial treatment which targets skin concerns. Microneedling triggers your own collagen and elastin production, which are essential proteins for maintaining healthy skin. These treatments are best suited for acne scarring, fine lines, and rejuvenation in a gentle, minimally invasive way. To ensure you’re fully prepared for the microneedling aftercare experience, let’s dive into what you can expect.
What to Expect After Microneedling
Don’t be surprised by a few side effects post-microneedling; they’re perfectly normal:
- Your skin may be flushed or can even go bright red right after your session. But the good news is, within about 48 hours, most of that post-microneedling redness will bid adieu.
- Skin will be drier or tighter than usual; this is quite normal.
- Now, let’s talk peeling, flaking, and possible breakouts. They might stick around a bit longer. Not everyone experiences these, but some folks might notice pimples, acne, or dry skin.
- The most visible healing action happens in those first few days after microneedling. But remember, the real magic continues under the skin’s surface for up to two months. By actively participating in microneedling aftercare, you can help keep those side effects in check.
What Razor2Laser suggest to help with your aftercare
- At R2L, you will be provided with a soothing repair cream to apply to the skin for the first 24/48 hours.
- Do not use any active products, i.e., Retinol, Salicylic-based products for 3 days after the treatment.
- It is strongly recommended that sun protection SPF 30/50 is used daily.
- Avoid the following for 2 weeks: electrolysis, waxing, bleaching, or any other facial treatments. No swimming for 2 weeks.
Microneedling Aftercare Frequently Asked Questions
Does your face peel after microneedling?
Oh, yes, expect some flaking and dryness for about three days after microneedling. Just don’t give in to the urge to pick or scratch your skin during this time.
When can I moisturise after microneedling?
Hold off on those thick water-based moisturisers for the first 48 hours. They could be a bit too much for your pores and might lead to skin issues like rashes. Can I wear makeup after microneedling? Give it a bit of time. Wait at least 24 hours before putting makeup on your face. The exact timing for your makeup comeback might vary, but usually, waiting for about 24 to 72 hours is the smart play. Mineral makeup is recommended.
Can I exercise after microneedling?
Hold off on the gym for a bit. Hitting the treadmill straight after microneedling can make your skin more sensitive, possibly uncomfortable, and prone to puffiness. It’s like your skin’s way of saying, “Give me a break!” So, be kind and wait at least 48 to 72 hours before you hit those exercise goals.
Can I drink alcohol after microneedling?
Skip the booze for around a week after your treatment. Alcohol has a knack for dehydrating the body, and that’s not what your newly-treated skin needs. Hydration helps with the healing process, so let’s keep the skin party going!
If you’re curious about how microneedling can give your skin a glow-up, don’t hesitate to reach out for a friendly chat and a complimentary consultation